A provision has been implemented that even if one does not go to the Transport Management Office to take a health test for a driver’s license.
With the in-principle agreement of the Ministry of Physical Infrastructure and Transport, the Department of Transport Management has made such an arrangement by issuing the Procedures Guideline, 2080 regarding the delivery of driver’s license services through electronic means.
Along with this, now the service users can also undergo a health check-up with a registered doctor outside the relevant transport management office. “At the time of the health check-up, even now, the service users are coming to the office for the health check-up, which causes a crowd in the office,” said Uddhav Prasad Rizal, Director General of the Transport Management Department, “The health check-up can be done online by listing it.
No matter where you live, after submitting the report of health examination online, the customer does not need to come to the transport office. It is a procedure with that arrangement.”
Procedure for new customer application
After logging into the system, the new customer should apply for a driver’s license by following the following procedure:
– After logging into the online system, click on the ‘New License Application’ button on the dashboard of your user account.
– After the medical check-up, the option of ‘I want to go to the relevant transport system office for a health check-up’ and ‘I want to go for a health check-up with a registered doctor outside the office’ will appear. You have to choose one of them. Until the province lists the doctors who provide services outside the office, only the option of going to the office for medical examination will be available.
– Applicants who have chosen the option of ‘I want to go to the relevant transport system office for a health check-up’ want to apply for a driver’s license and choose the category they are eligible for according to the rules and choose the office and the date of going to the office. After submitting his application, he gets a ‘Reference Number’.
– After receiving the ‘Reference’, the number application form should be downloaded and go to the office along with complete citizenship. In the office, he will have to give his biological details and undergo a health test.
– Applicants who have chosen the option ‘I want to have a health check-up with a registered doctor outside the office’ have to follow the following procedure.
a) Those who want to apply for a driver’s license and who are eligible according to the rules should select the category and submit the application for the driver’s license to the office and doctor’s name and address. Then the detailed information of the doctor is obtained.
b) The applicant should meet the doctor and undergo a health examination. According to the rules, the doctor will have to check the health of the client and indicate whether he is healthy/fit or unfit through the medical check system of the online application. Along with this, the medical report will also have to be uploaded.
c) After receiving the information about the result, the client who has passed the medical examination should login to his user account profile and select the date to go to the office and apply. Then a ‘Reference Number’ with ‘Barcode’ is received. The customer should download the registration form (take the form and complete citizenship) and go to the office.
Courtesy of Techpana- https://www.techpana.com/2023/145017/driving-license